Saturday, January 26, 2008

We're going crazy, bonkers, insane!!!

It is not a lie...we are going nuts. We haven't heard a word about Eli since hearing that his "packet 3" was sent to Korea on January 7th. That was just short of 3 weeks ago. Our agency has nothing to tell us, we have no information- nothing- zip-zilch-nadda.

Each day ticks by very slow waiting for a call. We know that as Friday inches by the weekend is ahead- we will definatiley NOT get a call on a weekend. That never happens. So, then it's the wait for Monday and again, the wait for the phone to ring.

It seems like everyone around us is on pins and needles also waiting..."Have you heard anything?", "Got any news?", "When is he coming?"...oh how I wish I could answer your questions....I wish I had something else to write, but I guess this is one of the low points of the process- they said this final stretch is the hardest part. I couldn't agree more.

3 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

URGH!!! That is so crazy!! I know the feeling all too well! When we were "waiting", in a way I looked forward to the weekend, since I knew nothing would happen, I could sit back, *try* to relax, and *try* enjoy it. Keep your chins up (I mean both of you, not that you have more than one chin...), I know it's hard at this point, but you guys are sooo close! After he's home (which believe it or not will be soon), I can honestly say you will not remember any of this crazy waiting! And as for people asking...BTDT, not fun. Hang in there- email me if you need to vent!! :-)

Shasta said...

We are praying for you and Eli. The waiting game is never fun but the end result is always worth it. hmmm..maybe I should take that advice ;)!! We love ya! You know my email and number if you'd like to vent or call us to just hang out one night this week. *HUGS*

Anonymous said...

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!! WE'RE PRAYING FOR YOU AS YOU WAIT! Lauren keeps having dreams that you already have Eli and were so involved in parenting that you forgot to call everybody! So, we just figure we will hear something when we hear something. Call us if you need ANYTHING!!!!!! (We'd be glad to fly out to give hugs if necessary) ;)