Sunday, February 3, 2008

Last medical update :)
















Eli's last medical update arrived in the mail yesterday. (Funny side note: We have spent the last 2 years running to the mailbox everyday as soon as we get home in hopes that there is something from Holt....yesterday we didn't even check it until 9:00 p.m.!!!!!)

As of Jan 22nd (his 9 month B-day), Eli is weighing in at 16.3 pounds! The report also says that he is walking while grasping onto furniture!!!!! (SUPRISE!) We are guessing that this medical check was for his exit process. It also mentions that he is saying "Omma" which is Mom in Korean. We are sure that his attachment to his Foster Mother is very strong. It will be hard to watch him grieve for the lose of her when he is here :(

I find myself calculating the time difference between here & Korea and wondering how the Foster Family is coping and what they are doing. Their countdown is sad and our is the complete opposite. It is a very upsetting ordeal for them and Eli....not the best thing to focus on right now.

I have attached some photos of the finished nursery. There is one important piece still missing :)

Oh, and thanks to Momo, we will be riding to the airport in style- a stretched limo!!!! What a way to relax, celebrate and take in every moment of this miracle.

5 comments:

Ruth Anne said...

How exciting! A LIMO!! Welcome to the US, Eli! I love his room...so cute! Watching him grieve will be horrible, you guys will have many cries together, I'm sure (we did!). The night before Kai came, we were trying to track his FM every move, thinking,"She's probably leaving her house now...she's probably checking him in now...You're so right- happy for us, sad for them! We'll be praying for little Eli and his FM!

Shasta said...

I just love his nursery! My nephews walked early. Actually, they skipped walking and just ran! He's a big boy! I can't wait to kiss his chubby little cheeks. May his FM's heart be filled with peace as he is brought into your loving arms and home. Victoria was 9 months when she arrived as well but she was behind Eli in walking and everything. She couldn't sit up hardly at all but that was before she met us. She was sitting up on her own by the end of the week. I don't recall her grieving. She was and is soo very happy. If I think about it I'll forward over the pictures her mom just sent me of her and her sister, Cassie, with some oh so adorable puppies.

Ali said...

I'm so excited for you guys. I am new to this blog - so perhaps you have discussed this at length, but I was wondering why you decided not to travel to Korea to get him?

The nursery is beautiful by the way - I love it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Eli Morgan!! We'll be praying for your safe arrival and for your Foster Family as they deal with the sudden shortage of a family member and of course, we'll be praying that your adjustment period is easy on your and your parents! Love, Uncle Roy & Aunt Lauren!

Anonymous said...

The nursery is beautiful, one of the best I have ever seen. It will be complete when Eli takes his place in his room. Prayers have a beautiful way of healing many things in our life. They have gone out for all involved in this precious moment. A peace to all that can only come from God!
Love you all,
Uncle Wayne & Aunt Carolyn