Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Traditions

This weekend marked the continuation of a family tradition. When I was little, my mom would take us up the road to a local farm for some strawberry picking. Then we would come home and make (or watch her make) chocolate covered strawberries....the tradition continued this weekend with my husband, our two boys, and my mom- their Momo.
We had a blast and will definitely make this a yearly tradition :) Next time, I promise to get pictures of the chocolate part!!


This picture makes me smile. Seems likes we are raising "Southern Boys" sitting on the front porch reading. It makes me think of the movie, Secondhand Lions...the great story of two brothers that are very close and their journey in life together.

Mama, Momo & the boys...a full circle moment!

Eli & Momo picking

Daddy & Joel picking

Where's Waldo?

This Waldo is wearing his "hat"!



Cart full of goodness

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man those kids are cute!

Ruth Anne said...

Cute! What a fun tradition! I may have to copy that!