Saturday, July 19, 2008

Eli's Lilies

When Randy & I first started the adoption process, it began with a basic application to Holt International. On the weekend we submitted our application I was very emotional and needed something to distract me...So, I planted these lilies-Oriental Lillie's to be exact. They have been blooming for several years now and each year they come up it has been a reminder to me of that very first application that we submitted and of the long journey to bring Eli home.

This year for the very first time, I was able to take a photo of Eli next to his lilies.

2 comments:

Shasta said...

Those are beautiful! And what a great story to tell him and picture to show him!

Anonymous said...

You'll be taking that picture for years and years and someday you'll be able to have that picture with HIS children too! How precious!